Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Hands on Cold Porcelain Clay

Before anything else, someone gave me a Blogging Friends Forever Gold Card, my new online pal --> Kittykat, give her blog some love. :)

Another one i tried to do is Cold Porcelain Clay. When we were at the grocery store, i bought some cornstarch, glue and food color to make some cold porcelain clay. I was inspired by many examples I had seen in the internet. And it is also easy and less expensive to do. So when i got home and waited after a few hours, i excitedly mixed together a portion of glue and flour (later i found out that i bought flour and not cornstarch) until i came up with a clay like mass.

After forming a good clay, it was time to put in the color. If you want to do this, you must first decide what you are going to form, I actually had a hard time thinking about that. But a good design is the foundation of a good poduct. I decided to have this flower design. Wow, flower, it's so original and mature-ish, not kinder-ish. Three colors: blue circle background, pink/white petals and yellow center. I let it dry for some days. When it was dry, it was like a stone, so hard.

I really regret that i did not take any picture of the finished product before it was ruined. That was because i did not expect that some beings will actually be interested in making my hardened clay as their midnight snack. There were small mice roaming around our house and they liked my product. Day by day, i saw that the clay was getting smaller and i had no doubt it was them. My poor first porcelain clay. Just search in the internet for nicer pictures of cold porcelain clay.

I just found a nice porcelain clay tutorial.

1 comments:

~Caroline~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you had fun working with the clay!